· 28 January 1999: Dr. Angela McLean, IAH Compton. "In Vivo Efficacy of Anti-HIV CTLs." Contact: Nick Knowles.
· 4 February 1999: Dr. Mike Flint, Virology Research Group, University of Reading. "Hepatitis C Virus Glycoproteins: Receptor Binding Mediates Intracellular Signalling." Contact: Nick Knowles.
· 25 February 1999: Dr. Persephone Borrow, Edward Jenner Vaccine Research Institute. "HIV CTL Interactions: Lessons from the LCMV System." Contact: Nick Knowles.
· 4 March 1999: Dr. V. Ramesh, University of Manchester Institute of Science & Technology (UMIST). "NMR Studies of Biomolecular Recognition- Application to Proteins and Nucleic Acids." Contact: Graham Belsham.
· 18 March 1999: Dr. Covadonga Alonso, INIA, Madrid, Spain. "Apoptosis in the Pathogenesis of Viral Haemorrhagic Diseases." Contact: Linda Dixon.
· 25 March 1999: Dr. Alan Radford, Feline Infectious Respiratory Disease Research Group, University of Liverpool. "Molecular Analysis of Feline Calicivirus Variability within Persistently Infected Cats and in Populations." Contact: Nick Knowles.
· 22 April 1999, 4.00 pm: Prof. Moira Brown, Institute of Neurological Sciences, Glasgow University. "The Herpes Simplex Virus Virulence Factor ICP34.5 - Potential of ICP34.5 Null Mutants in Cancer Therapy." Contact: Linda Dixon.
· 6 May 1999: Dr. Peter Mason, Foot-and-Mouth Disease Research Unit, Plum Island Animal Disease Centre, Greenport, USA. "Role of Structural and Non-structural Proteins in the Pathogenesis of Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus." Contact: Nick Knowles.
· 13 May 1999: Dr. Richard Jackson, University of Cambridge. "Internal Initiation of Translation in Picornaviruses and Pestiviruses." Contact: Graham Belsham.
· 20 May 1999: Dr. Antonio Alcami, Division of Virology, Cambridge University. "Modulation of Cytokine Networks by Vaccinia and Ectromelia Viruses." Contact: Linda Dixon.
· 27 May 1999: Prof. Tony Nash, Edinburgh University. "Virological and Immunological Features of Murine -Herpes Virus Infection." Contact: Linda Dixon.
· 3 June 1999: Dr. Jef Hammond, Australian Animal Health Laboratory, Geelong, Australia. "Development of Porcine Adenovirus as a Vector for Gene Delivery." Contact: Linda Dixon
· 15 July 1999: Dr. Brad Spiller, Dept. of Medical Biochemistry, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff. "Cell Wars: Decay-Accelerating Factor as a Double Agent for Host and Virus." Contact: Nick Knowles.
· 22 July 1999: Dr. Houssam Attoui, Laboratoire de Virologie Moleculaire, Tropicale et Transfusionnelle, Faculte de Medecine de Marseille. "Seadornaviruses: A New Genus of dsRNA Viruses, Strategies for Gene Cloning." Contact: Peter Mertens.
· Friday, 17 September 1999: Prof. James Maclachlan, University of California, Davis. "Bluetongue: The California Perspective". Contact: Peter Mertens.
· Friday, 24 September 1999 at 1.15 pm. Dr. Girish Kotwal, University of Louisville, Kentucky. "Development of Animal Models to Study a Conserved Poxviral Inflammation Modulatory Protein." Contact: Linda Dixon. Venue: INSIDE CONFERENCE ROOM - visitors by arrangement only.
· Friday, 10 December 1999 at 1.30 pm. Dr. Jurgen Wienands, Max Planck Institute for Immune Biology, University of Freiburg, Germany. "The Role of Intracellular Adapter Proteins for the Activation of B Lymphocytes." Contact: Linda Dixon. Venue: INSIDE CONFERENCE ROOM - visitors by arrangement only.
Seminar Co-ordinator: Nick Knowles
Members of the seminar committee
|Past seminars at Compton||Past seminars at Pirbright|
Current seminar co-ordinator: Jayne Hope
|© Copyright Institute for Animal Health|